History Tidbits- St. Ignace Schools in 1895
October 16, 2018
St. Ignace, Michigan
In 1895, St. Ignace was the home to three schools.
- On the north side of town was the Third Ward school. With four schoolrooms in two stories, it had 76 scholars.
- On the south side of town was the First Ward school with 46 pupils.
- The two story, seven room brick LaSalle school registered 379 students in midtown.
Total registered students in 1895 was 501.
St. Ignace Schools, 1895
This entry was posted in History. Bookmark the permalink.
← History Tidbits- John Chambers
History Tidbits- St. Ignace House Trailer Taxation →
January 29 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
January 29 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
January 31 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
February 4 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
View All Events